Thanks to all those who have reported bear sightings recently – we apologize for technical difficulties that prevented us from updating the blog with them immediately.
Everything is fixed now so please keep reporting any bears in communities or on trails to our blog and to the RAPP line, and check this site regularly, follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest updates.
• July 20 at 5:50 am A black bear was seen by the main office building of the Whiskey Jack Golf Course in Sparwood
• July 18 at 7:40 am A bear was seen on a dirt road by an apartment building on Pinyon Road in Sparwood
• July 18 at 9:50 pm A grizzly bear was seen on Lower Elk Valley Road in Sparwood
• July 6 Grizzly bears were seen on the Elkford Ski Hill
• July 6 Grizzly bears were seen on Bear Hill in Elkford
• July 2 A grizzly bear was seen crossing Highway 43 about 3 km north of Elkford
• July 2 A black bear sow and two cubs were seen on a back road at Crossing Creek clearcuts in Elkford
• June 26 at 8 pm A grizzly bear was seen on Elk Lake Road North in Elkford
• June 30 A grizzly bear sow and two yearlings were seen on Boivin Creek Trail near Elkford