Parents, remember that bears are most active after dark, make sure kids travel in groups in well-lit areas and are accompanied by an adult. Please remember to dispose of pumpkins responsibly after Halloween. Recent bear sightings reported on Parkland Terrace and on 4th Avenue by the LeRoux Mansion. The Conservation Officer Service and WildSafeBC will be driving around Fernie tonight to keep public informed about bear sightings.
If you encounter a Bear:
* STAY CALM
* DO NOT RUN
* Let the bear know you are human (arms out to side)
* Use your voice in a calm, assertive manner.
* Back away slowly and allow the bear an escape route
* Never turn your back on wildlife
* Do not approach or feed wildlife
Please report wildlife sightings to the Conservation Officer Service reporting line on 1-877-952-7277