Friday May 16 11 am. Mountain bikers reported a grizzly bear in the parking lot by the rifle rage on Coal Creek raod. The grizzly was lying down in the parking lot basking in the sun.
The Safest wildlife encounter is one prevented
* Be Aware of the wildlife in the area
* Make Noise to avoid a surprise encounter (use your human voice, clap hands or two rocks together – especially near running water or in dense brush)
* Carry a walking stick (adults can carry Bear Spray in a side holster)
* Walk in groups
* Keep dogs leashed
If you encounter a Bear:
* STAY CALM
* DO NOT RUN
* Let the bear know you are human (arms out to side)
* Use your voice in a calm, assertive manner.
* Back away slowly and allow the bear an escape route
* Never turn your back on wildlife
* Do not approach or feed wildlife
For more information on wildlife safety visit www.wildsafebc.com