Thursday August 29. A large black bear was seen this morning by the disc golf course in James white Park. It is likely the same bear reported last week by the tennis courts.
If you encounter a Bear:
- STAY CALM
- DO NOT RUN
- Let the bear know you are human (arms out to side)
- Use your voice in a calm, assertive manner.
- Back away slowly and allow the bear an escape route
- Never turn your back on wildlife
- Do not approach or feed wildlife
For more information on wildlife safety visit www.wildsafebc.com
Photo courtesy of Marcie Welsh